Jump to main column content

Friday, December 03, 2004

Movie night


We watched Notting Hill tonight, one of the movies we picked up from a sale rack when we were still in Columbia. It was a concession. That is, it was a concession for Linda. I love that movie.

Here's something kind of ironic. I have a desperate crush on Bella, one William Thacker's (the main character) few true loves, who went off and married his best friend. I love watching her on screen. She is beautiful and smart and funny, who also happens to be in a wheelchair. I just love watching the actress (Gina McKee) on screen. Her facial expressions are so subtle and beautiful.

I wonder if I met the actress if I would feel the same way or if it would break the magic. Sometimes it goes one way and sometimes it goes the other.