Jump to main column content

Monday, November 29, 2004

Well today felt like Friday.

Like everyone, I'm swamped with work, including insurance. I talked to Linda's new case worker today while Linda did therapy. Somehow, the case worker thing doesn't seem to work as well as it did a few months ago. She referred me to the insurance company. They referred me back to the case worker.

I exaggerate by omission slightly there. I called about 3 different claims. One claim they both said was probably nothing, and I likely wouldn't even see a ($1400) bill about it. One claim the case worker will probably be able to just straighten out ($100) and that is what the insurance told me. The last one, I'll have to appeal in writing ($475), but I'm pretty optimistic about it, and the case worker gave me no reason to despair about it yet.

I also called doctors. Linda should go to the dentist--about her least favorite thing in the world and more complicated now than ever. When her cardiologist from Boone hospital learned that she didn't die, he said she should schedule a heart follow-up. It doesn't sound like we'll be able to get an appointment this year (it is basically December already). That's too bad, I've spent my money for the year long ago.

Well, at least there will be an end to the grading soon. That will be nice.