Jump to main column content

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Transitions


How quickly a person can turn from happy to furious.

While I was typing the last post, Ellie was nagging me to play a game on the computer, and, no, she wouldn't wait 10 minutes. She wanted to play right away.

So I gave her the computer. Linda walked out and told me the cats had left something I wouldn't like in the hallway. She was right. I didn't like it. It's a good thing I have pet stain remover. I threw the cat out. It's time for her to learn about her surroundings.

While I was cleaning it up, Linda fell and hit her head. I thought she smacked it on the stone tile, but I guess it was the carpet. She always cries when she falls, so it's not possible to tell right away if it is bad or not.

So I'm helping Linda, and the cat is scratching the door to get back in. I'm plenty angry already, so I explained that to the cat in a way that couldn't be misunderstood and she scratched me.

I got Linda up and in a chair and we put some ice on her goose egg. She's crying because she feels like she'll never walk. She's crying because she feels guilty that I hate the cats when I already have to take care of her.

I had been feeling good. I got started on Ellie's swing set today (her birthday is Sunday). We had visitors who brought food. Dinner went well.

So I walked to the mailbox with Ellie. It wasn't as much fun as it should be because it's the kind of thing Linda would normally enjoy and she's trapped in the house.

Arrrrrrg.