Jump to main column content

Thursday, February 12, 2004

My list keeps growing-- please forward this if you know of people I've missed. I wish I had the email addresses of all of Kirksville-- I really am trying to include everyone, and I'm always shocked to discover I've left people out!

Don just called. Now is the time when he asks for our patience, our flexibility. He just feels that decisions are being made too fast, that practically speaking, in terms of home care, he is not ready. He himself has only turned Linda one time, has never suctioned her. He does not have a nursing staff in place. You get the idea. So, tomorrow, he has the arduous task of telling Linda that he cannot yet bring her home. He wants to spend the weekend absorbing information, getting more information.

I told him I didn't think anybody would mind.

I am going down tomorrow after work-- hopefully for the weekend. I am going to take some of Linda's things to her-- some clothes that maybe she can wear for short periods, her beloved watches, her CD's, a CD player.

As always, I'll tell you more as I know.

Jen