Jump to main column content

Thursday, February 12, 2004

Hello Everyone, (http://lindabindner.blogspot.com)

(To Lila Thompson who called me this morning-- if you click on the link for the blogspot above, you will have an opportunity for many more updates-- I will send you all of the emails I have sent as time permits).

Note-- We have decided that the tickets for the fundraiser will be:

$20 advance, $25 at the door, and $10 for students.

How was the article in the Index? I haven't seen it yet (not being on campus anymore).

Wow, I have been so busy answering your generous emails and phone calls offering support, that I haven't had time to send around the latest update!

1) This morning, when asked the "hard questions" again, Linda decided she wants to be fed.

Don and I chatted for a bit about what this means. The DNR order continues-- but he believes Linda wants more time to think about all of this. It's just hard to know nuances when her responses are limited to yes and no. You really have to know the exact correct questions to ask.

They discussed the various feeding options she has. Don has reached a point of peace today-- whatever Linda wants, he will move heaven and earth to give her. He has suggested that she ask for whatever she wants, because it seems that the range of possibilities is very incredible. He said, "Isn't this all amazing?" He seems in awe right now. Linda seemed depressed yesterday-- she started refusing to answer questions by staring straight ahead or closing her eyes. So, today, Don asked her, "Do you want me to ask the hard questions again?"

Don is asking Marilyn and Mary to bring Ellie to Linda today. He said she has waited long enough. He asked her if she wanted to see Ellie, and unequivocably, she said yes.

2) They never stopped antibiotics, so those will continue.

3) She still wants to come home.

4) Hospice cannot assist under these circumstances; however, arrangements have been made with Home Health Care (not sure what it's called.)

5) The need for volunteers is UNCHANGED.

6) She will come home tomorrow.

7) I would love to meet with as many volunteers as possible at Il Spazio tonight at 7:00 so we can make sure things will run smoothly, and so that those with some experience can tell us what to expect. This is not the only time I will schedule to meet with volunteers. This morning Christine suggested that we set up some times throughout the day to convene at Java Co and talk if we need to.

8) I have contacted the folks who run the blog to arrange for an upgrade so I can upload the master schedule to the blog when I get it finished.

I will finish it today, but as I have a little more time now, I really must get some work done so I still have a job after all of this! So, I will plan on working on it after 5 p.m.

I will still be checking emails, though.

Bless you all. I am so moved to know you all.

Jen