Jump to main column content

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Don, I am also happy that you continue to update the blog every day, because I can't do it as much as I was doing it before (we talked about this, last night, you and I, but I haven't told the rest of folks).

I still plan to check in and provide updates when I can, but I have to re-focus on my life and my work now, and kind of let the blog morph into the comments that everyone has been providing.

Admit it: You like the comments feature.

Today I was thinking of small blessings we have by living in this age of technology: there are call lights, chords to pull, assistive technology. Blood thinners. MRI's. Feeding tubes. Fifty years ago, we wouldn't have known Linda could understand everything. We live in a civilization which sometimes seems barbaric, and yet, of course Linda's civil rights are being protected, she has visits from husband, family, child, friends. I am hoping she will still be able to vote.

There are many many ways this could have been much much worse.