Jump to main column content

Friday, November 24, 2006

Home for Thanksgiving

We stayed in town for Thanksgiving, and some friends brought their kids over. We did the usual things. We had more food that you shuold reasonably eat. Then we sat around and played board games on the floor. The games of choice were mancala and checkers, although there was a reasonable dose of running around acting crazy too.

Today we stayed at home, waiting for FedEx to deliver a package. I find FedEx a real pain if they miss a delivery. Since they aren't local, you can't have them hold a package for pickup. It's just best to be at home when things arrive. I prefer UPS for that reason, or even the plain old mail, when I have the choice.

Tonight we watched "While You Were Sleeping," one of the best Christmas movies ever. We pretty much watch it every year. Tomorrow I have to go to the library with Ellie. We lost a movie, and I finally found it yesterday. I had them mark it "lost" but I want to take it back before they replace it and make me pay for it.