Jump to main column content

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Ellie's first movie


I took Ellie to her first theater movie. We went to The Incredibles which isn't exactly a kid movie, but I thought she would like it. She did. Near the end she got a bit antsy, but soon she was drawn back into the movie. She had a lot of fun.

Afterward, we went out to eat. Actually, I ate and she munched on theater popcorn. She ate really well earlier in the day, so I wasn't surprised that she didn't want much tonight. At the restaurant, she became instant friends with one of the waitresses (who gave me her number when we left). I told Linda that kids really are "babe magnets" and that a waitress hit on me tonight. She was astonished when I showed her a name and phone number scribbled on a small piece of paper until I admitted that the girl was actually just interested in babysitting.