Jump to main column content

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Good day or bad day?


I went to the store this morning to pick up a few things we needed. I was going to take Linda, but in the end, we decided that it would be easier just to go by myself. There'd be too much walking to walk, and being pushed around in a wheelchair just isn't that much fun.

After that, we spent the rest of the day together. For lunch, I made eggs in a basket and they were just yummy. They're pretty easy to make, but it wouldn't be the same if you didn't use my sourdough, so sometime I'll post my sourdough recipe.

In the afternoon, I organized the garage. Soon I'll actually be able to park my car in there. I complained to Linda that it was taking forever because I'm not a born organizer (I'm a born disorganizer). Linda agreed and sat in the garage and told me what to do. Mostly she told me to quit thinking so much about every decision (it's only the garage).

When I was tired of organizing, we journeyed to the coffee shop and ultimately went on to pick up Ellie from day care. On the way to the day care, Linda mentioned that she had been in a bad mood all day. I had no idea; it totally didn't show.

I don't think she intended to hide it from me. Rather, she is afraid that if she expresses her bad mood, it will trigger a labile crying fit. When I put her to bed, I asked her if she had a good day, and she reminded me that she was in a bad mood. No idea again, and when I followed up on it, she started to cry. I guess she was right.

The crying didn't last too long. I threatened to lick her face, which startled her. I asked her why it would be disgusting for me to lick her face, but if a dog were to do it that would be cute. Surely it's even grosser for a dog to lick your face than a human? Anyway, the conversation was the distraction she needed.

Now, I'm getting my classes together for tomorrow. There won't be time enough in the morning to be organized, so it has to be done before I go to bed.