Jump to main column content

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Tuesday morning

Everyone loves Linda's hair. Well, she would like it a bit shorter herself. I told her we'll cut it again here soon. I expected some of the nurses to comment, but it seems we can't walk down the hall anywhere without compliments. And the women also point out the highlights, remarking on how good they look.

I don't know about you, but I think I might have gone a whole lifetime without noticing that someone highlighted their hair. There must be some "woman gene" that helps them detect hair changes, since it's almost always women who comment. I don't think it codes on the Y chromosome.


This morning we were drinking a bit of coffee in our room when I said to Linda, "I'm stiff and sore. My back hurts, and I have a headache. I think I'm working too hard."

She didn't even pause, and clear as anything responded, "I know I am!" Boy did we laugh. I thought that moment deserved a special morning blog. She does work hard.