Jump to main column content

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Wednesday lunch

I thought I would just drop in a note about this morning. I was feeding Linda breakfast, which has turned from speech therapy into occupational therapy. That means that we do hand over hand feeding. I put a spoon in Linda's hand and place my hand around that. Then we/I lift it up for a bite. The same happens with cups. The big thing is, after a while, when I wasn't giving Linda drinks fast enough, she instinctively moved to bring her cup up herself. It wasn't strong enough to do it, but I could distinctly feel all of the muscles move inside my hand! It was very neat.

Linda is getting stronger gripping, and we now have a ball of fancy Play Doh to work with. You put it in her hand and she squeezes finger impressions into it. As she gets stronger, we will transition to other colors of stiffer putty.