Jump to main column content

Monday, September 17, 2007

Gifts that keep giving


I had a dream today that Linda and I were getting married again. I don't know what prompted it, but in the dream I was working on getting things organized. My mother asked me to take a moment aside and accept a couple of gifts that had come.

So this girl (who I have never met) hands me a game. She's explaining that some of the parts are wrapped up separately so that I don't lose them. When I check, I discover that part of the game is a mousetrap as big as my fist. Apparently, the game is trivia-based. If you miss a question, you have to tempt the rat trap, and if you are too slow or too uncoordinated, it snaps shut on your hand.

The girl was going on about how it was her favorite game as a kid. I just smiled, looked her in the eyes, and said, "thank you." Really I'm thinking, "Oh, Linda is going to love that."