Jump to main column content

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Why is sucks to have a stroke


Yes, I know I haven't posted lately. Just not interested in writing I'm afraid and so you lose.

Here's one reason strokes suck. It's no fun to be completely uncoordinated, and I have two examples.

Example 1: About 4 weeks ago while getting ready for school I heard a dramatic crash of ceramic from the kitchen. Naturally I ran out, but Linda was fine, standing next to the coffee maker. I said, I suppose that was your favorite cup.

My very favorite one. Don't think that really sucks? It's worse. She wasn't even using that cup. She had decided she was afraid she might break it, so she had put it aside and was using a different cup. She still knocked it off and broke it.

It was the cup she bought as a reward for finishing speech therapy.

Example 2: This morning Linda coughed, and, because coughing heightens her lack of coordination, she spilled coffee in her brand new laptop. It promptly didn't work, and it is now drying with the keyboard removed. I'm actually pretty optimistic about it. I am pretty sure that coffee didn't get on any of the expensive components, and a replacement keyboard is only $25.

Giddy up


Linda rode a horse today, for about 10 minutes. Pictures were taken, but I don't have any yet. I plan to send one to Fred at least. Naturally she was limp for the rest of the day after that.

Ellie did too. Her first time on horseback. She was very excited, and she's dying to do it again.