Jump to main column content

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Thank you Todd Wilbur


Linda and I had lunch by ourselves today, since Ellie is out with her aunt and uncle. I made salmon, and it's one of the best things I make. It occurred to me that you might like to make it as well.

I got the idea for the recipe from one in Top Secret Restaurant Recipes. I don't actually measure any of this, so I can't say how similar it is to theirs:


  • 1/4 cup pineapple juice

  • 2 Tablespoons soy sauce

  • 2 Tablespoons brown sugar

  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper

  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

  • 2 teaspoons Kentucky bourbon



Fry the salmon in a non-stick pan, lubricating with about one quarter to one third of the marinade, until done. Remove the salmon into a deep plate. Put the remaining marinade into the hot skillet and reduce (only takes a few minutes) until thickened, then pour it over the salmon and serve.

It is completely easy, and doesn't leave a lot of dirty dishes; one skillet, one small bowl for the marinade, and one serving plate.