Jump to main column content

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Virtual biking


Linda's new bike pedals were in the mailbox yesterday. I'm not sure if I got the mail on Saturday, so they might have been there for a couple of days already. I wondered why they were taking long.

I put them on last night, and Linda consented to try them out despite being tired. They work great, and we were very pleased. The best surprise was that the pedals are weighted on the bottom, so they stay right side up when you put your feet in. So many strapped pedals flip upside down from the weight of the strap on top.

The is one glitch with them though. When she's done biking, the straps still do a good job of keeping her feet on the pedals. It's harder to get off the bike and not be trapped in the pedals. Like everything, I'm sure it will get easier.