Jump to main column content

Monday, June 21, 2004

Signs of improvement



I know a lot of you read to see what the new improvements are. How about this? Today, we had chicken for supper (and green beans and mashed potatoes). Linda cut up her own meal. That is, she held her fork in her left hand and used a knife with her right hand to cut up her chicken. I admit, I watched her do it, and I didn't even realize she was doing something special. It wasn't until she pointed it out later that I realized it was a new first.

Here's another sign in the same spirit. Linda has red foam grips that she slips onto silverware to make them fatter. We just refer to them as "the red things." I realized a few days ago that I don't know where they are, because Linda hasn't used them for about 2 weeks.

Her double vision keeps getting better too. She doesn't actually see double because of a prism glued to the inside of her eyeglasses, but even without the prism she can nearly see one image now. For very close images (like 4 inches away from her face) she can do it, but the images separate as things get far. Still that's better than ever.