Jump to main column content

Friday, March 05, 2004

Friday update

Linda is still eating very well today. It was chocolate pudding this morning and raspberry yogurt this afternoon. Around lunch I brought a very special treat. I stopped at Java Co. and picked up her favorite coffee drink (Milky Way), prepared just the way she likes it by her favorite server. She was all grins when I walked in with that. We thickened it up a bit and drank that for about 1/2 an hour. There's still plenty left to have another snack.

For the curious, thickener is just corn starch and maltodextrine. So it is basically like thickening foods with corn starch. Just mix it in and stir.

Food isn't the only big news in Linda's life this week. It turns out that she took her first steps yesterday with the physical therapist. I didn't see it, since I was away, but they repeated for me today. It's pretty halting, and she is getting a lot of support, but the idea is there. She was a little less tired yesterday, so it was apparently more dramatic the first time she did it than today; I'll just have to wait for a better performance.