Jump to main column content

Friday, March 05, 2004

Friday

I feel a sense of responsibility for at least Don or I to post something daily. I will just admit right now that it is my fault there have been no updates since yesterday: We dragged Don out to El Vaquero for dinner last night and then stayed up talking to him waaaay too late last night. So, there was no blogging going on.

I must say though, that Don travels through Kirksville now with a sort of celebrity status. Instead of handing out autographs, he hands out the blog address...

I will just say a brief word or two about the blog, if I may.

Don and and I talk a lot. And we have very similar personalities, in that there has not yet been any subject that either of us considers taboo, not any subject we won't talk about. There are simply subjects that do not translate well to print, so we don't. However, what I post on the blog, the pieces that have my name on them, regardless of how personal, how intimate they seem, I never post these things without speaking to Don first.

I have not posted anything Don and Linda are uncomfortable with. If I did, believe me, it would be removed immediately.

Linda is a writer. You cannot exist as a writer without the details.

And believe me, if anyone thinks what I have posted is too personal, too intimate, it is only because you have not been present during our actual conversations...

I just wanted to clarify that point.

As Don said, last night, "You have not appointed yourself the arbiter of schedules and meals and such. I appointed you. I asked Karen Smith to call YOU."

And it does seem that most people who do not know the Bindners (or do not know them well) do appreciate having a liaison to help them remain involved.

Thanks for reading!