Jump to main column content

Friday, March 19, 2004

Friday looking forward to the weekend

So what started a couple of days ago as cone stacking turned this noon into self-feeding. Linda was eating lunch with the occupational therapist doing hand-over-hand. Then the OT just supported her elbow and asked her to try and scoop. Well soon it was trying to get the spoon in her mouth and then several successes. All with just a little support.

I asked Linda if she felt like a super hero. She just turned a pair of tired eyes toward me and shook her head.

The doc signed us out for tomorrow and Sunday. So sometime in between therapies we are going for a drive. I don't know where Linda will want to go or how much stamina we will have, but I brought the map in from the car so we can decide, filled the gas tank, and cleaned out the front seat. We're all set. I would have washed the car, but I didn't want to be away for too long.